For 4 people
– 500 g carrots
– 6 tbsp olive oil and a little bit more to serve
– 500 g chickpeas
– 75 g sheep cheese and slightly more as topping
– 1/2 tsp turmeric
– 2 slices of bread, toasted
– 1 tbsp fresh herbs such as leaf parsley and rocket, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C circulating air.
2. Wash carrots, peel them and place them in a spring
form. Sprinkle carrots with six tablespoons of olive
oil, salt and put them in the oven for about
30 to 40 minutes.
3. Finely blend chickpeas with a hand mixer.
4. Add cheese and turmeric, salt and puree again.
5. Pluck the bread with your ngers and toast in a pan
6. On a serving plate, rst spread the hummus, then
spread carrots and toasted bread on top.
7. Crumble sheep cheese, herbs and olive oil evenly
Recipe: Jutta Leder.