You will need:
– tea towels
– elastic bands
– bottles of fabric dye
– disposable gloves
– plastic bags
– a plastic tub
1. Take a clean light-coloured tea towel. Fold the tea towel together. I folded mine in three different ways.
2. Wrap some elastic bands tightly around your tea towel. That way it will keep its shape and you’ll end up with some white lines in your design too.
3. Put your gloves on and place the tea towel in the plastic tub. Apply the dye to the parts you want to colour. As you can see, I decided to use a few different colours for mine.
4. Put the tea towel in a plastic bag and leave the dye to work for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Once the dye has been absorbed, you can cut through the elastic bands.
6. Rinse the tea towel under the tap until the water runs clear. Wash the tea towel thoroughly before using it for the first time.