You’ve probably seen them passing by, these cosy chocolate sticks. When you melt them in a cup of hot milk, you get hot cocoa. I always think they look so festive and so I tried to make them myself. This turned out to be not that difficult at all! Below I explain what you need and how to make them.
Ingredients for 4 sticks:
– 100 gr chocolate of choice
– Toppings of choice such as mini marshmallows, chocolate coffee beans, crushed m&m’s or caramel pieces
– 4 ice cream sticks or wooden spoons
– Silicone or plastic trays (I used mini cupcake moulds)
1. Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Put 2/3 of the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and keep the remaining portion aside.
2. Melt the chocolate au bain-marie.
3. When it’s melted, remove it from the heat and, using a spatula, stir in the remaining chocolate as well until melted.
4. Fill your moulds with the melted chocolate and insert the ice cream sticks or spoons.
5. Time to decorate! Place your toppings on top of the chocolate.
6. Place the chocolate sticks in the fridge for about an hour until stiffened.
Watch the video of the recipe here.